ACT1/ACT1J are an entry level tests that are designed to introduce dog and handler to the agility ring and basic agility obstacles.
- Participants run a course at any jump height, 10-12 obstacles. Obstacles used are: A-Frame(5’), table, jumps and tunnels>
- Complete the course in 60 seconds, no missed contacts, no dropped bars, no obstacle attempted more than 3 times and no more than 3 wrong courses.
- 2 qualifying scores equals a title
Other important info
- ACT Tests the dog’s understanding of basic agility skills.
- A dog may be entered in any height.
- Dogs must be 15 months or older
- A dog should be comfortable on all equipment prior to entering.
- The ACT1/ACT1J titles can be achieved in one day if the event offers two runs in each class
- The dog may not have earned any Agility title however the dog may already have legs in Novice classes. For example: if a dog has 2 legs in Novice JWW and 1 leg in Novice Standard they can still run in the ACT event.
- Non-registered dogs are eligible (can be registered day of event, for canine partners or AKC registration).
- Dogs without registration numbers will be issued a temporary one after the event by the AKC office.
- Courses are designed by Agility Field Reps and AKC approved agility judges.
- If a dog/handler team is pre-entered in an ACT event and completes an agility title
prior to the ACT event, the dog/handler are no longer eligible to participate in the